Pearson Engineering Intermediate Administrative Assistant Opportunity
Intermediate Administrative Assistant
Job Type Full Time
As part of our administrative team you will be responsible for supporting the efficiency of the office while providing a connection between clients and staff in a polite and courteous manor. This includes answering phone calls, filing, typing, and other administrative duties. Working with QuickBooks, tracking expenses, preparing invoices and assisting with collections and receivables are also a critical aspect of the position.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to ensure efficient operation of office.
- Answer phone calls, schedule meetings and support visitors.
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Prepare monthly invoices for Clients and assist with collections/receivables
- Track monthly expenses
- Complete payroll on a bi-weekly basis and maintain payroll hours tracking.
- Assist with marketing strategies and signage
- Complete operational requirements by scheduling and assigning administrative projects and expediting work results.
- Make travel arrangements for senior staff such as booking flights, cars, and hotel or restaurant reservations.
- Exhibit polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
- Support team by performing tasks related to organization and strong communication.
- Develop administrative staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, calling for repairs, maintaining equipment inventories and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Provide information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintain supply inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies.
- Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Self-motivated, hard working individual looking to expand their skill set while working in a team environment.
- QuickBooks Skills
- Reporting Skills
- Administrative Writing Skills
- Microsoft Office Skills
- Managing Processes
- Analyzing Information
- Problem Solving
- Supply Management
- Verbal Communication
Education and Experience
- Post-Secondary Diploma in Business and Management or Equivalent Course
- Minimum 5 years of administrative assistant experience in the construction industry
- Strong knowledge of appropriate software including QuickBooks, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Microsoft PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
What We OfferPearson Engineering is comprised of experienced and recognized professionals focused on providing innovative solutions to complex challenges. Pearson Engineering provides technically competent, cost-effective solutions to our clients while providing the highest level of service possible. We are very involved with the community and our staff and their families regularly participate in events year-round, including a staff golf tournament and family BBQ each summer, a family Christmas dinner, various outings and our company has a casual sponsored running team that participates and numerous community fun runs.
Pearson Engineering Ltd. is a civil consulting engineering firm providing land development services to private sector clients and infrastructure design services to municipalities and provincial and federal government. We provide cost-effective and innovative design and project management services for land development and municipal civil projects.
Pearson Engineering was started in 2006 and we have experienced consistent growth in size and reputation, and we are committed to continuing this trend. This growth is founded on our service commitment to our clients and clear communication is paramount to our corporate values.
We have openings in our Barrie, Vaughan, Ottawa and Owen Sound office for hard-working, team-oriented individuals looking for opportunities to utilize and grow their skillset and be part of an exciting/growth-oriented company in the GTA and beyond.