Junior Structural CAD Technologist/Technician
Job Type Full Time
Location Barrie, GTA, Ottawa, Owen Sound
As part of a design/drafting team, you will be responsible for assisting on structural projects, as well as civil projects on occasion. Work tasks for structural projects may include AutoCAD Design/Drafting for building renovation, addition or new construction projects including framing and foundation layout plans, detailed cross-sections and various connection detailing. In addition, you may also be required to complete AutoCAD Design/Drafting for municipal infrastructure rehabilitation or replacement projects involving bridges, culverts or retaining wall structures. Structural projects may require the detailing of wood and steel framing, reinforced and precast concrete, and/or masonry. Performing onsite inspections may be required.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Prepare AutoCAD detailed design drawings involving building structures for residential, commercial and industrial projects.
- Prepare AutoCAD Civil 3D detailed design drawings for municipal projects including site plans, bridges, culverts and retaining walls in accordance with standards and
- As a team player, you will collaborate with senior designers and project managers in the preparation of detailed design drawing packages and
- Communication with clients, municipalities, Conservation Authorities and approval authorities during the design/approval
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current Provincial and Municipal engineering standards as well as requirements of other reviewing agencies such as Conservation
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- 1 to 5 years of drafting experience related to structural engineering or architecture is considered an asset but not necessary. New graduates will also be considered for the role.
- Self-motivated, hardworking individual looking to expand their skill set while working in a team
- Experience with software including AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook,
- Experience with Autodesk Revit would be an asset but not necessary.
- Experience with Provincial, Municipal and Conservation Authority Standards would be an asset but not necessary.
- Experience with the Ontario Building Code (OBC) or Canadian Highway Bridge Design Code (CHBDC) would be an asset but not necessary.
- Ability to obtain their Certified Engineering Technologist or Technician
Education and Experience
- -Bachelor’s Degree or college diploma in Civil Engineering or similar field.
- -OACETT Designation (C.E.T, C.Tech, A.Sc.T) is an asset.
What We Offer
Pearson Engineering is comprised of experienced and recognized professionals focused on providing innovative solutions to complex challenges. Pearson Engineering provides technically competent, cost-effective solutions to our clients while providing the highest level of service possible.
We are very involved with the community and our staff and their families regularly participate in events year-round, including a staff golf tournament and family BBQ each summer, a family Christmas dinner, various outings and our company has a casual sponsored running team that participates and numerous community fun runs.
Pearson Engineering will work hard with co-op students to expose them to a wide variety of work in the hopes that they will remain with us post-graduation.
Pearson Engineering Ltd. is a civil consulting engineering firm providing land development services to private sector clients and infrastructure design services to municipalities and provincial and federal government. We provide cost-effective and innovative design and project management services for land development and municipal civil projects.
Pearson Engineering was started in 2006 and we have experienced consistent growth in size and reputation, and we are committed to continuing this trend. This growth is founded on our service commitment to our clients and clear communication is paramount to our corporate values.
We have openings in our Barrie, GTA, Ottawa and Owen Sound office for hard-working, team-oriented individuals looking for opportunities to utilize and grow their skillset and be part of an exciting/growth-oriented company in the GTA and beyond.