Municipal/Land Development Technologist
Job Type Full Time
Location Barrie, Vaughan, Ottawa, Owen Sound
Your Key Responsibilities
- Assists in inspecting and reviewing projects during construction, monitoring conformance with plans, specifications, and other codes and regulations.
- Directly engage in the design of municipal infrastructure and land development projects involving residential and industrial subdivisions, as well municipal, institutional, commercial works.
- Prepare AutoCAD civil 3D drawings and participate in the development of site plans, lot grading, Septic and SWM systems, etc.
- Assist in the collection of and technical analysis of field data, monitoring construction activities and preparing inspection reports of construction progress.
- Work with senior contract administration and senior inspectors in a supportive manner.
- Assists with office work such as as-builts, drafting, report and drawing compiling, etc.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Post-secondary education and experience in AutoCAD Civil 3D drafting.
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite.
Ability to work independently and efficiently collaborate in a team setting.
- Demonstrate the ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize effectively to meet deadlines.
- Willingness to learn industry skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Education and Experience
- Enrollment in a Bachelor of Science, Engineering Technologist/Technician program or similar technical program.
What We Offer
Pearson Engineering is comprised of experienced and recognized professionals focused on providing innovative solutions to complex challenges. Pearson Engineering provides technically competent, cost effective solutions to our clients while providing the highest level of service possible.
We are very involved with the community and our staff and their families regularly participate in events year-round, including a staff golf tournament and family BBQ each summer, a family Christmas dinner, various outings and our company has a casual sponsored running team that participates and numerous community fun runs.
Pearson Engineering will work hard with co-op students to expose them to a wide variety of work in the hopes that they will remain with us post-graduation.
Pearson Engineering Ltd. is a civil consulting engineering firm providing land development services to private sector clients and infrastructure design services to municipalities and provincial and federal government. We provide cost-effective and innovative design and project management services for land development and municipal civil projects.
Pearson Engineering was started in 2006 and we have experienced consistent growth in size and reputation, and we are committed to continuing this trend. This growth is founded on our service commitment to our clients and clear communication is paramount to our corporate values.
We have openings in our Barrie, Vaughan, Ottawa and Owen Sound office for hard-working, team-oriented individuals looking for opportunities to utilize and grow their skillset and be part of an exciting/growth-oriented company in the GTA and beyond.