Civil Graduate CAD Technologist/Technician
Job Type Full Time
Location Barrie, Vaughan, Ottawa, Owen Sound
Your Key Responsibilities
- Prepare AutoCAD Civil 3D detailed design drawings for site plans, subdivisions, municipal road reconstruction projects, floodplain studies in accordance with standards and guidelines.
- Prepare Functional Servicing (FSR) and Stormwater Management Reports (SWM).
- As a team player, you will collaborate with senior designers and project managers in the preparation of calculations, detailed design drawing packages and reports.
- Complete Hydrologic Modeling (Visual Otthymo), Hydraulic Modeling (HEC-RAS), and Water Modeling (WaterCAD).
- Communication with clients, municipalities, Conservation Authorities and approval authorities during the design/approval process.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current Provincial and Municipal engineering standards as well as requirements of other reviewing agencies such as Conservation Authorities.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Self-motivated, hard working individual looking to expand their skill set while working in a team environment.
- Experience with software including AutoCAD Civil 3D, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Experience with Visual Otthymo, HEC-RAS, WaterCAD would be an asset but not necessary.
- Experience with Provincial, Municipal and Conservation Authority Standards would be an asset but not necessary.
- Ability to obtain their Certified Engineering Technologist or Technician designation.
Education and Experience
- -Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or similar field.
- -OACETT Designation (C.E.T, C.Tech, A.Sc.T) is an asset.
What We Offer
Pearson Engineering is comprised of experienced and recognized professionals focused on providing innovative solutions to complex challenges. Pearson Engineering provides technically competent, cost-effective solutions to our clients while providing the highest level of service possible.
We are very involved with the community and our staff and their families regularly participate in events year-round, including a staff golf tournament and family BBQ each summer, a family Christmas dinner, various outings and our company has a casual sponsored running team that participates and numerous community fun runs.
Pearson Engineering Ltd. is a civil consulting engineering firm providing land development services to private sector clients and infrastructure design services to municipalities and provincial and federal government. We provide cost-effective and innovative design and project management services for land development and municipal civil projects.
Pearson Engineering was started in 2006 and we have experienced consistent growth in size and reputation, and we are committed to continuing this trend. This growth is founded on our service commitment to our clients and clear communication is paramount to our corporate values.
We have openings in our Barrie, Vaughan, Ottawa and Owen Sound office for hard-working, team-oriented individuals looking for opportunities to utilize and grow their skillset and be part of an exciting/growth-oriented company in the GTA and beyond.