Senior Site Inspector
Job Type Full Time
Location Barrie, Vaughan, Ottawa, Owen Sound
Your Key Responsibilities
- Site inspections involving residential and industrial subdivisions, as well municipal, institutional, commercial works.
- Establish a safety-first mindset for all site projects.
- Carry out quality assurance and quality control functions to ensure contractual obligations and regulations are being adhered to.
- Directly involved in collection of and technical analysis of field data, monitoring construction activities and preparing inspection reports of construction progress.
- Work with senior contract administration in a supportive manner.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- 5+ years in construction engineering experience that includes field construction, contract administration, estimating, negotiation, project design and management, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently collaborate in a team setting.
- Knowledge of Provincial/Municipal laws, codes, and regulations.
- Demonstrates an understanding of industry standards within construction, Health and Safety codes and regulations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license required, access to a reliable vehicle.
- Flexibility to travel to sites for extended periods, which may require working outside of normal business hours.
- MTO experience is considered an asset but not necessary.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or similar field.
- OACETT Designation (C.E.T, C.Tech, A.Sc.T) is an asset.
- Certified Construction Contract Administrator (CCCA) from a Construction Specification Canada (CS) is considered an asset.
What We Offer
Pearson Engineering is comprised of experienced and recognized professionals focused on providing innovative solutions to complex challenges. Pearson Engineering provides technically competent, cost-effective solutions to our clients while providing the highest level of service possible.
We are very involved with the community and our staff and their families regularly participate in events year-round, including a staff golf tournament and family BBQ each summer, a family Christmas dinner, various outings and our company has a casual sponsored running team that participates and numerous community fun runs.
Pearson Engineering will work hard with co-op students to expose them to a wide variety of work in the hopes that they will remain with us post-graduation.
Pearson Engineering Ltd. is a civil consulting engineering firm providing land development services to private sector clients and infrastructure design services to municipalities and provincial and federal government. We provide cost-effective and innovative design and project management services for land development and municipal civil projects.
Pearson Engineering was started in 2006 and we have experienced consistent growth in size and reputation, and we are committed to continuing this trend. This growth is founded on our service commitment to our clients and clear communication is paramount to our corporate values.
We have openings in our Barrie, GTA, Ottawa and Owen Sound office for hard-working, team-oriented individuals looking for opportunities to utilize and grow their skillset and be part of an exciting/growth-oriented company in the GTA and beyond.